Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Workbox "DUH!" Moment

I'm not sure why I didn't figure this out a long time ago...

IF you choose to use workboxes that are the SAME boxes (or at least the same size) as your standard toy storage, you can swap toys in and out as preschool workboxes.

For example, I just sorted our Fisher Price little people into small, plastic bins with lids:


Now I can rotate them into our workbox rack for preschool activities (see top two boxes on left):




You could do this with a wide variety of toy "collections" including:
  • Legos
  • Playmobile
  • blocks with plastic animals (to make a zoo)
  • Fisher Price Little People sets (we have the "old" kind...which means I'm old???)
  • dinosaurs (thought we'd get out the dinosaur books and tapes that week)
  • trains
  • cars w/ a plastic mat showing roads
  • Lincoln Logs

But I bet you figure that out a long time ago, didn't you???

Next time, tell ME! :)  I'd love to have you visit me at love2learn2day!

6 comments:

  1. Lol, yup this is basically what I do. I have each thin in one bin/box and I don't take them out to rotate. I just rotate the entire box/bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! :D I rotate out Alex's legos and playdough and the like as they are only special "for school" toys...

    ReplyDelete